|King of Kings Connections - 29 May 2020
Dear Family in Christ,
This weekend is going to be different. For the first time in 11 weeks, we will offer in-person worship once again here at King of Kings. Almost one quarter of the year has passed since we last gathered for in-person worship here.
Things will look different. We've had to make adjustments for COVID concerns. We are offering worship services on Saturday @ 7 pm and Sunday @ 10 am. Blue tape blocks off pews, except for those that are numbered. Seats are assigned. Some might be wearing masks. Hand sanitizer is widely available. Air hugs are encouraged, while close conversation clumps are not. Even the worship folders look different, but different isn’t always bad. You see, this weekend we celebrate a day 2,000 years ago when church suddenly looked very different. In one day, a church numbering a couple dozen souls exploded into a church of more than 3,000 people. What a logistical mess! Church was going to be very different and what that was going to look like had to happen very quickly.
Yet for those 3,000 souls and the dozens who were already Christians, different was wonderful. Those who had cried out for Jesus’ crucifixion discovered they were forgiven. Those with no hope for the future found purpose for their existence. Those who had fought against God were now at peace with God. Those who felt alone learned they are loved by their Father in heaven. Their lives were different, but the message that changed their lives was the same message God had first preached to Adam and Eve back in the Garden of Eden--the good news of a Savior named Jesus who came to crush the power of death to give us life. That message has never changed. It’s the same message we preach today, even in a world so different from what it was mere months ago. Around that message we rally this weekend. Yes, this weekend church will be different, but it will be wonderful!
Preparing for Worship This Weekend
Helpful Links for Your Weekend - Saturday-Sunday, May 30-31
- If you plan to attend in-person worship this weekend (May 30-31), please be sure to RSVP at the following link:
In-Person Worship RSVP for May 30-31
You can also call the church office @ 407-628-5696. We strongly encourage you to RSVP to enable us to have a clear idea of how much seating we will still have available before each service.
- If you will not be attending in person, please join us on Facebook Live @ Facebook.com/VisitKoK for Sunday worship @ 10 am ET! We also hope to post a recording of the service on both Facebook and our YouTube channel. As you prepare for worship this weekend, check out Acts 2:1-21 to get yourself ready for worship this week!
- Plan for Reopening Worship – If you have not done so already, we encourage you to read through our plan as you look ahead to attending in-person worship once again: Initial Plan for Reopening Worship @ King of Kings.
- Teacherage Assistance: Work has begun on our teacherage in preparation for the arrival of the Krause family this summer. Financial assistance is needed to help us cover the cost of improvements and work on the house and property. If you would like to assist us financially, please contact Kevin Zastrow!
- School Survey - Our incoming principal—Harmon Krause—has asked that all members and leaders of our congregation and the families of our school and preschool complete the brief survey at this link. Please complete the survey by Monday, June 1.
- Election Volunteers Needed: Volunteers needed to run the King of Kings polling place for the municipal primary election on August 18. This would involve attending a training session and helping to check in voters on that election day. With the exception of one position, all volunteers must be Orange County residents. Please contact our coordinator Daniel Golisch, if you are interested.
Please Keep in Your Prayers
- Our Nation - That the Lord would provide justice for the victims of racism, peace for those struggling with anger, and Christlike love that leads us all to see every person--no matter who they are or what they look like--as a blood-bought soul beloved by our Savior and therefore in need of our love
- Our Teachers - Those departing and those arriving this summer
- Barbara H. - Mother of Josh Hyle - Recovering from back surgery
- Sherry A. - Friend of Amy D. - Mourning the unexpected loss of her husband
- Ralph S. - Father of Suzi K. - In home hospice due to terminal non-COVID lung issues
- All Affected by the Pandemic - That the Lord provide wisdom to those who are governing, recovery for those infected, peace to those who are fearful, and comfort for those who have suffered loss
Below you will find a number of devotional and worship resources to help you grow as God's chosen people.
I hope to see you soon with God's people in worship! May our gracious Lord fill you with his peace.
- Justified by Faith Alone: A Study of Romans 1-8: This online Bible study series meets via Google Meet and continues this Wednesday @ 7 pm. To participate in the class, contact Phil Warnecke!
- YouTube: Be sure to check out our YouTube channel! Besides posting the weekly worship services, we are also posting video devotions and updates. Be sure to subscribe!
- Private Communion Available for Kings of Kings Members
Members of Kings of Kings, WELS, or the ELS are encouraged to take advantage of receiving private communion. This is conducted in a safe and sanitary manner in the sanctuary with a brief devotion and the Sacrament. Please contact Pastor Gumm by email or call 407-628-5696 to set up an appointment to receive the Lord's Supper.
- Messages from the King - Produced by King of Kings
Stuck at home? Still commuting or driving where you need to go? Looking for a way to grow in faith and even listen again to what you may or may not have heard on Sunday? Have you subscribed to our Messages from the King podcast?
Each week we post the latest sermons preached at King of Kings. They are available at all major audio platforms: iTunes, iHeart Radio, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Pandora, Stitcher, and TuneIn (which includes Alexa - Just say "Alexa, Play Messages from the King"). Go to your favorite audio platform and subscribe to "Messages from the King" to receive a weekly dose of good news from the King of Kings!
Beloved by Jesus,