Happy November Parents!
Hopefully you received your child's Period 2 report card yesterday. If you did not, please email me right away so that we can get that resolved.
Updates and Announcements:
1. Spelling lists were updated on www.spellingcity.com/users/philipwarnecke
2. Remember that Original Works fundraiser order packets need to be returned to Mrs. Warnecke by Friday, November 8th (Don't forget that the magnet was $6.00). Our goal is to reach $500 to go toward field trip transportation. We would love if you could help with this cause.
3. Our memory work schedule has been adapted to optimize time, learning, and assessment. Students have the opportunity to recite their memory work right away in the morning, during both recess times, and at the end of the day before dismissal. Here is what this week's schedule looks like:
- Due Tuesday by 3:15pm = 1 John 3:15 says "Anyone who hates his brother or sister is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life residing in him."
- Due Thursday by 3:15pm = Isaiah 43:11 says "I, even, am the LORD, and apart from me there is no savior."
- Friday= Written Assessment for the Memory Work
4. Picture Day is on November 12th! Order forms were already sent out last Friday. If you need an extra, you will need to talk to our school secretary, Ms. Todd.
5. Thank you to our classroom chaperones for coming along on our field trip to WonderWorks -- Mrs. Karen Hartner and Mrs. Jessica Jensen. I appreciate the extra set of eyes and discipline. Thank you!
This Coming Week we will be learning...:
1. New Testament Greek Weekly Theme: God said, " Well Done, My Good Servant...and I Believe It."
2. Saxon Math: we will be practicing math facts (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division), counting quarters, tallying and data collection, reading thermometers, fractions and mixed numbers, capacity, and decimals.
3. ELA: We will be practicing spelling daily, handwriting on Tuesday and Thursday, grammar stories on Monday and Wednesday, and exploring chapters 8-9 in the novel Number the Stars by Lois Lowry.
4. Latin: Chapter 4~ Review Colors, Experiences with Cardinal and Ordinal Numbers and Roman Numerals
5. German Learning Targets: I can name family members, months, seaons, holidays, weather, relatives, and the date. I can describe personalities and looks, opinions about seasons and weather, birthdays, weddings, anniversaries, family reunions, visiting relatives and friends, with what I know.
6. Science: Galaxies and Constellations
7. Social Studies: Current Events, Florida History, Colonization of Early America
8. Computer: Internet Safety, TypingClub, Code.org
9. ChristLight Old Testament: Lesson 13A Moses' Sin and Lesson 13B God Calls Moses
- Adult Bible Study at King of Kings at 9:00am in the Family Life Center. The series we are studying is called "The Lies We Believe... and the Truth We Need". This weekend we are looking at worldly lies.
- Worship is at 10:00am with fellowship following the service!
If you have any questions about this upcoming week, please let me know. It continues to be a joy serving you and your family as your child's teacher. May God continue to bless our work together. Proverbs 22:6 says, "Train a child in the way he/she should go and when he/she is old, he/she will not depart from it."
God bless ~ Your Servant in Christ,
Mr. Philip Warnecke