Greetings Parents and Guardians,
I hope you had a fantastic Thanksgiving with friends and family. Now that the weekend is coming to a close, it is time to get back in the game and gear up for Christ's coming as John 1:14 states, "The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us."
1. Spelling = Test is Friday, November 30th. Tomorrow students will be assigned their next Spelling story in which they choose 10 words from their list to create an entertaining and APPROPRIATE story. We read these stories aloud on Fridays and guess the author. Appropriate = minimal violence, no crude language, no cursing or swearing, nothing gory and bloody, no bathroom references, no slandering classmates or others.
2. Memory Work for the next three weeks. All the memory work from here until the end of the period are in preparation for the Children's Christmas Service. YOU AND YOUR FAMILY are invited to attend our Children's Christmas Service on Friday, November 21 at 7:00pm. Children can start arriving in their classrooms at 6:30pm.
1. Popcorn Fundraiser Packets are due this week!
2. Keep working toward your Accelerated Reader goals. These goals are not something to just give up on, but encourage. If you need additional strategies on accomplishing the goal, please talk with me so we can be on the road to success.
3. November Book-It slips with Pizza Hut will be given out on Friday. Every student that earns an increase of 5 points each month will receive a Book-It slip. These slips can be traded in at your local Pizza Hut store for a delicious pizza.
4. Student State Projects are due this Friday! If you have any additional questions, please contact me at the beginning of the week so that it is not left up to the last minute. All pictures are to be printed and included with their packets. Need printing? Email pictures to me.